I have been to the Ann Arbor Hands on Museum with countless field trips, it is one of my favorite places to visit. There are many awesome adventures to be found at the Ann Arbor Hands on Museum. The museum’s mission is to “inspire people to discover the wonder of science, math and technology.” and “to be the leader in imaginative and interactive learning experiences.” See the Hands on Museum video below.
The Ann Arbor Hands On Museum is located at 220 E. Ann St. Ann Arbor, MI 48104
This Ann Arbor Hands on Museum was founded in 1978 by a group of talented and dedicated volunteers. Today over 100 volunteers still give their energy and support to keep the museum going. Visitors have access to more than 250 exhibits all meant to bring physics, math, geology and music to life. A few of the regular exhibits include:
- How Things Work – generate tornadoes or pump water with an Archimedes Screw
- Preschool Gallery – a place for kids under 4 to explore water and play in a mini fire engine.
- All About You – See a full-size interactive Huron Valley Ambulance
- Michigan Nature Room – See a representation of Michigan in Fall
- Lights and Optics – Strum a stringless harp
- Recollections – YOU become the exhibit on an interactive video screen
- MediaWorks – Kids see themselves as news anchors working at CTN Television.
This is one of the coolest things you can do in Ann Arbor! I just love to watch the bees exit the building and build their hive right in front of me.
Parents and Educators - Book your next party at the Hands On Museum for your upcoming educational adventure. What a fun, educational experience for all your guests. If you have out of town visitors staying for a few days keep the Ann Arbor Hands on Museum at the top of the list for things to do in the Ann Arbor area.
The Ann Arbor Hands on Museum is giving the gift of discovery and you can Purchase a membership at anytime.
View Larger Map
Search all listings in Michigan with pictures and tours…Free!
Kathy Toth & Team: Ann Arbor Area Real Estate Experts
Keller Williams Realty
Written by Kathy Toth - Visit Website